Monday, January 21, 2013

The Last Testament of Mary Review



I'm not really much for religious books but my co-worker recommended this to me and it was pretty short so I went for it. Also I'm preparing to teach Christianity in April, so I figured I should check it out. My colleague raved about this little book but to be honest it wasn't my favorite. The premise is that Mary is reflecting on her life, but there wasn't a whole lot of detail. She never mentions Jesus by name. She seems fearful and her personality was vague. She definitely does not believe that Jesus was the son of God. He barely was a presence in the story anyway. Mary lives in Ephesus (Turkey) and is visited by two unnamed men who are clearly working on writing the Bible. They want details from her about Jesus' life and death but Mary is uncomfortable about discussing it. Blah blah blah. It was well written but not ever interesting. Moving along to something a lot better!

Buy it at amazon and Barnes & Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment